Joey and Rory are known as an American country duo and bluegrass duo who are vocalists, singers and also song writers with Rory also occasionally playing the acoustic guitar. The duo consisted of husband and wife, Rory Lee Feek and Joey Marie Feek. Rory Lee Feek was born on the 25th of April, 1965 and Joey Feek was born on the 9th of September, 1975 and died on the 4th of March, 2016.
Before the two formed a duo in song writing and singing, Rory Lee Feek was known to work as a song writer for others and then continued on to write songs when he became a part of Joey + Rory. Some of the songs he wrote for others are as follows:
- “The Chain of Love”
- “Some Beach”
- “A Little More Country Than That”
- “How Do You Get That Lonely”
- “I Will”
If we talk about the other second duo partner, who was not only Rory Lee Feek’s duo partner but also her life partner and spouse, Joey Marie Feek. Before the formation of Joey + Rory, Joey Marie Feek was known to be an American country music singer and also a song writer. From the year 2008 up till the year 2016, the duo Joey + Rory consisted of both the husband and the wife, Rory Lee Feek and Joey Marie Feek. But then on the 4th of March, 2016 Joey Marie Feek was officially pronounced dead around the time 2:30 PM, she was 40 years old at the time of her death. Keeping true to her wishes, Rory Lee Feek held a secluded funeral in Tennessee and she was buried in the Reek family cemetery, on their farm.
After the formation of Joey + Rory, both the duo also performed on the competition of CMT known as ‘Can You Duet,’ in the year of 2008. They ended up being the third place finalists in the competition. After some time of performing on the competition they were signed to record music in the single label Sugar Hill Records. Later in the year 2009, they returned to perform one more time on the stage of ‘Can You Duet’ which was the shows second season at the time. Some of their own music is as follows:
- “The Life of a Song” released on the 28th of October, 2008
- “Cheater, Cheater” released in 2008
- “Play the Song” released in 2009
- “It’s Christmas Time” released in 2009
- “To Say Goodbye” released in 2009
- “This Song’s for You” released in 2010
- “That’s Important to Me” released in 2010
- “Album Number Two” released on the 14th of September, 2010
- “Let It Snow (Somewhere Else)” released in 2011
- “Headache” released in 2011
- “When I’m Gone” released in 2012
- “Josephine” released in 2012
- “His and Hers” released on the 31st of July, 2012
- “Gotta Go Back” released in 2013
- “Inspired: Songs of Faith & Family” released on the 16th of July, 2013
- “Made to Last” released on the 8th of October, 2013
- “Country Classics: A Tapestry of Our Musical Heritage” released in May, 2014
- “It Is Well with My Soul” released in 2016
- “Hymns That Are Important to Us” released on the 12th of February, 2016
The duo and couple also announced that they were expecting a baby in the year of 2014, due to which they were to be taking a break from their career of music and were going to spend some time alone with family only. They also took a break in order to properly raise their new born baby. The couple was then blessed with a baby girl on the 17th of February, 2014 who they then named Indiana. Some days after the birth of their baby girl the couple also received news that their new born child had Downs Syndrome.
Moving onto the current life of Rory Lee Feek, he is known to be pretty active on the social media platform Instagram with a post count reaching more than 950 posts. He also has a great following number of 682k followers. He is seen mainly posting photos and videos of his daughter and updating his insta followers on her life such as her hobbies or her first day of school, and so on. All the posts about his daughter particularly receive a lot of likes on the posts. Some other posts are about himself and his life updates and his interests.